Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Probably a poem or something.

This is probably a poem or something,
I don't know what else to call it.
Perhaps a "rhyming arrangement",
and I'm pretty sure it's not a sonnet.

It's a pretty fun thing,
to sit and write a poem.
I don't have to show it to the public,
but I feel like I owe 'em.

I'm not sure how long this will be,
I gotta keep coming up with rhymes.
And that's something,
that I can't do too many times.

But it's not like it's rocket science,
just pick a word like "door".
And before you know it,
you're rhyming it with "floor".

This is a sad excuse for a poem,
it has no flow or theme.
If a real poet ever read it,
he'd probably just scream.

But that's okay,
does it look like I care?
Well, I guess I do,
but not that much.

(Yeah, I know. That last one didn't rhyme. Just use your imagination.)

1 comment:

Toni said...

this is why i read your blog.